View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #46
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamguy View Post
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> When I bought my Caddie it came with oil changes and tire rotations for the first 50,000 miles free. They say to come in at 7500 miles but if the computer in the car says you have over 20% oil life left you have to wait to bring it in. That sometimes is another 1000-1500 miles if just driving up and down the highway.

I also believe the new Toyota cars all recommend you come in at 10,000 miles.Under severe use its 5000-6000. When I was running a diesel that’s when I would change it every 10,000 miles. Oil is a lot different now and last a lot longer.Most are now all using sythenic oils now.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
My wifes RAV4 recommended oil change period is 5000 miles.
You really need to read the fine print in your car/trucks owners manual and warranty book. According to what is deemed severe conditions New England is considered a severe driving environment. Not knowing this can make a huge difference if you have warranty issues.
FYI all you have to do is meet 1 of the criteria for severe driving conditions, not all of them. Different car manufacturers may have things worded differently so best to call and know for sure.