Thread: How to Fix Rock
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 07:46 AM   #31
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
A picture of you trying to break that rock would be hilarious...would you consider wearing a striped outfit as well?
Seriously though, you must have a drill? Buy a couple of masonry bits and a rock splitting kit (google "rock splitting tools") and make the job fun!
I ordered a set of these and split a rock that jutted out of my large rock wall so my tractor could pass between it and the garage. Makes you feel like one of those old timers working the quarries with hand tools...
I mean, in return for me helping you with that jump pack deal a few years ago, you could offer to let me use yours...

I've looked at all the options—wedges and feathers, non-explosives, jackhammer, sledge—and the only one I currently have (and is free) is the sledge. I busted up a couple (smaller) rocks last year, and it wasn't horrible.

I'd like to do the drill and feather/wedges for just what you mentioned—I think it's neat to try new techniques/tools, but I'd need a hammer drill, bits, and the feathers/wedges which would all cost ~$100 to buy/rent.

I put that cost up against a new 6x10 inflatable (as compared to the $400 form pads) water pad for $149...and guess which won?!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote