View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #9
NHBUOY

...these are TRUE stories...I was THERE for DM's 115+mph runs in his GB twin-turbo Schiada in Wolfboro bay (I think I have pics)...the first "civilian" Rayson-Crafts were BM's BOO and "the red one" sold out of Downings...I have personally ripped the Broads at 105+mph in a Skater 24', a 26' Stoker capable of 110+mph, A 32' Hustler capable of 115+mph, L & Sea's Skater at 115+, and others too numerous to mention...although the 2 Rayson-Crafts mentioned were "only" 80mph boats, when JC and the "Flying Circus" crew brought their V-drive flattys & hydros to the Bay, I rode in one that went from "zero" to 150+-mph a quarter-mile at a time...NOT trying to stir the pot...just pointing out that FAST (really FAST) boats have ALWAYS been out there since the beginning...I find it amusing that no one has made the connection on the "50 Special" thing...THAT boat was the one to beat WAY back in the marathon ski races...BTW...there are MANY talented "stick & wheel" guys around the lake...realistically, the speeds that A LOT of the custom boat companies make now are really too fast (160+mph) to really rip without having medivac choppers and safety support...I "knew" when ALL this was going on that sooner or later there would need to be some "limitations" placed on the performance boat guys' speeds...I guess that day has come...I am just glad that I was able to rip BEFORE the speed limit was R.I.P.........I don't have to "make-up" stories...I was THERE...