View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #130
luvthelake

Default Lobster Pound visit

We went to the Lobster Pound for lunch on Sunday of Labor Day weekend. Thought we'd give it a try. I hate to say that we were disappointed, but we were. It wasn't overly busy and we were seated right away on the first deck. Which I might add is a very nice view. We waited 30 minutes for our food to arrive at the table. I felt that was quite a long time to wait, but brushed it aside looking forward to a good meal. One of the people in our party ordered nothing but a Caesar salad, and another ordered a side salad - neither arrived with the rest of the food. We had to ask for both of those things 10 minutes later, as the server had disappeared all that time. When she finally arrived with the salads, we never saw her again until long after we finished our lunches and we had to ask for the check. Now it's Sunday and I don't mind just chilling out, but when the server didn't return to pick up the check in another 5-10 minutes, I went to the hostess desk to get it done. As far as the food goes, it was okay. Three of us ordered the fried belly clams and felt that there really weren't too many bellies at all, quite a few strips. But I will say that the portion seemed in line with what I expected.

Maybe we got an off day with the server, but sometimes that can make or break the deal. We aren't likely to go back.
luvthelake is offline   Reply With Quote