View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 07:00 AM   #649
sunset on the dock

This post isn't directed at anyone in particular but rather a response to some of the sentiment expressed throughout the day yesterday and before. Maybe I'm missing something here...it wouldn't be the first time... but I'm a bit perplexed by some of the outrage expressed at El's posts. I mean the reaction and outrage directed to his comments reminds me of how a bunch of school girls might shriek when they heard a naughty word on the playground. Let's face it...no one on this forum is an innocent school girl. I realize some of the points made by El are difficult to hear (and would be difficult to sugar coat) but in my opinion many of them need to be made and I am glad they were made. All of us here can and should feel free to debate them. It's a forum. There's controversy inherent in the SL debate. All this talk about how the forum would be more "civilized" if he were gone and that Don should do this or that strikes me as very odd. If you don't like anything someone says on the forum...debate it. Let's leave the histrionics to the kids on the playground. JMHO. Seriously this isn't meant to offend and I'd be the first to admit I'm capable of staging my own histrionics.