View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 08:49 AM   #32
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
they need to be careful that it does not include any boat that has a trim tab to be defined as a wake boat.
Good point, I'm sure I could curl a pretty good wake in my Formula if I wanted to intentionally wreak havoc on some cove. Not sure its the same quality the wake board/surf folks are looking for, but the impact on shore, docks, other boaters would be significant.

Come to think about it, its interesting how much time and effort I put into not creating a big wake when I am in a cove, near docks or other boaters. I am actually embarrassed when I realize I have a big wake behind me.

The only time I ignore a big curl behind the boat is when crossing the Broads when its really windy and there are 2 foot + rollers and I trying to minimize the ride impact on my passengers. Even then I seriously doubt my wake makes it 20 feet past the boat, its usually consumed by the natural waves at that point.

I haven't paid too much attention to this issue, but i can now see that there are many things to consider about this matter. Clearly more than I had originally thought about,,,

Thanks
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote