View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 02:52 PM   #8
znh

I don't mind at all...that's what the forum is for

I have a sit-in kayak that is designed specifically as a fishing kayak. It is stable and wide but tracks great. I know a lot of kayak anglers prefer the sit on top kayaks but I prefer the sit-in. I also have seen that the sit-in kayak's are easier to customize. I have installed a couple rod holders and other little things to make fishing a bit easier.

I go out mostly very early in the mornings. But all the time I have no regrets being out there I always wonder why I'm the only person out there in a kayak, it's unbelievably beautiful and serene out in the kayak in the early mornings. It's great exercise for the mind and body and I might catch a fish or two along the way. It's also a great way to see some wildlife, the loons are always out fishing with me in the morning and I often see bald eagles flying around the area...

If you Google 'fishing kayak' you will see an endless supply of ideas and configurations people have put together. One thing I would recommend that I regret not doing was buying a bright colored kayak...would make me a bit less nervous way out in the lake when the boats do start coming by.

Some of my kayak fishing pictures:

Caught this guy this past weekend. First Trout I've caught successfully trolling a lure on a diver from the kayak around 40-50 feet deep...

Last edited by znh; 07-23-2015 at 12:45 PM.
znh is offline   Reply With Quote