View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 12:06 PM   #12
Downeast

I'm thinking of upgrading the speaker wires to 12 and the power wires to 8 to be safe. The wiring harness will not allow me to just replace the old wires with the new by pulling the old wires out with the wires attached. I would need to run new wires. A PITA.

I read online about wireless audio speaker setups. Anyone has any experience?[/QUOTE]

-----------

Yes upgrading speaker wires can be a hassle. The job can be made more friendly when all compartments are empty and other non bolted items are taken off the boat. Sail boat owners are the worst. Stuffing their vessel like a Christmas turkey poses a headache to any installer.

The amount of tools needed to complete a large job can be overwhelming when any room is occupied by boat stuff.

I've seen boats come back for service/refit from 10 year live aboard.. Bloated like a beat up battery. There have been hours unloading gear to access the areas seldom seen by the owner.

Working out of the direct sun help tremendously, being organized as you go lowers the frustration levels..

As for old wires, lots of times they can't be removed completely however if labeled and secured they can be left in place and provide great spare wires for future gadget expansion. Labels labels labels even stating where the other end is helps so much for the next tech.
Downeast is offline   Reply With Quote