View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 07:51 PM   #83
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Every "No wake" area brings larger wakes as boats slow down and speed up. Get a "No wake" zone in front of your house, get larger wakes. Is that what people want?

A 300 HP limit?

So your adgenda is clear: Make Winnipesaukee into a pond with canoes and kayaks.

Perhaps you are just that dense. Most cruisers and liveaboards, even with small blocks V8's have 500+ HP. Many have much more. Is it your intention that all of those boats leave the lake?

Marinas like Silver Sands, Spinnaker Cove, MVYC (284 slips occupied by Gilford taxpayers that ask for little if any services) are full of boats with families that spend their weekends and vacations on their boats. Did you want to throw them off the lake or just diminish the value of their docks? What happens to the town of Gilford when they lose in excess of 1/2 million dollars in tax revenue from people that use no services?

What about the other marinas with boats over 30 feet? What do you say to them? Find 10 kayak owners to rent your dock?

What happens to the value of these boat docks? What do you say to all of the owners? "Sucks to be you"?

BI, please answer each specific question. You obviously have an adgenda that has not been well thought out and will do irreparable harm to the lake and the finances of the communities around it. Is that what you really want?
Actually I think I can answer all the questions at once. No boat will have to leave the lake. Perhaps you didn't read my idea closely enough. Only boats manufactured after 2012 would be effected. It would be many years before the number of high HP boats on the lake would drop. After 10 or 20 years there would still be high HP boats around. Yes, over many years some marinas that cater to high HP boats would have to change their slips.

I think my agenda is very well thought out.