View Single Post
Old 07-22-2004, 11:24 PM   #66
Outlaw

Smile By land or sea (errr lake)

I'm in. 9/11 sounds good, but I live close to the lake so I'm very very flexible as to the day of the event. Either land or lake is fine - no preference.

Just Sold made a very valid point about the Wolfeboro town docks - I guess until we have some exact numbers of people and who will be by boat and who by land I imagine it will hard to pick a place just yet.

My 2 cents on ideas, would be to have it on the lake and anchor at some sand bar so we can all walk around and chat and have some relaxing fun and there wouldn't be the concern of cost or permits or anything except "is it going to be a sunny day". Seems we have numerous offers from boat owners offering rides, if it is going to be a lake event.

Bring your own food and whatever you like and have some music, good conversation, laughs and who knows...foes may become friends.

P.S. Generally speaking - the sand bars on the lake fill up early, so IF we were to do this we'd need to have some scout boats secure us enough space before 10AM on a Saturday or Sunday. Count me in as a "Scout Boat" volunteer if needed.
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote