View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 04:41 PM   #44
madrasahs

Exclamation Don't take MY word for it...Google the "performance" sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
"Rob have to agree with you, I tried the same thing, its almost as though someone thou stickest there footus in their mouthus............? hmmm, kinda interesting."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
"It is possible that the server was not able to handle all the requests (from people who wanted to see the new outdrives), so the webmaster disabled it until they could get set up for more bandwidth."
"(from people who wanted to see the new outdrives,")," huh? R-i-g-h-t.

The cost of the bandwidth is the problem. The video was disabled even before I posted the URL. (I didn't state you could view it, just that Biggus was featured.)

Thousands of Big Boaters, including Biggus, Cal, (and maybe Rob and Will - naaah - not Will) from all over the country know why the video is disabled. "The call" went out to overload the server, driving up the cost for Sebago's www.lrslr.com from the Big Boat sites, (www.fastboat.com, www.vdrive.com, etc) hence, no video at www.lrslr.com today.

Remember the "Accident on the Broads" thread? Five thousand, six hundred (5,600) views, from guess who? Not "us-folks", I'm sorry to say.

Google other "performance" sites yourself. Caution! Some sites are definitely not family-friendly, and promote risk-taking behavior in boating and um... other things never viewed at www.winnipesaukee.com.

Big Boaters don't just want to disturb lake residents with their "thunder" (what we hear as noise), they perceive their power to extend to nearly everything else.

You wouldn't believe what's going on their sites. They defend the choice of drinking vodka while boating (over Gatorade, water), and defend the carrying of firearms on board as one of their boating rights. See "Lake Lice" and "Speed Bumps" (and other terms for lesser boats) in print!

Pressure on government agencies, intimidation of Marine Patrols and "tracking down" persons who want to restrict their "fun" appears also. When one of their own collides with a lesser boat, their concern is their Insurance!

They've even ripped our own Webmaster!

"From people who wanted to see the new outdrives," huh? R-i-g-h-t.

Unless they're just "talking the talk", It's a virtual Marine Mafia out there!

I kid you not.