View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 09:54 AM   #192
Bigstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave603 View Post
The problem with that is, that money was slated to open new stores, some that were being built and some already built. They didn't open them. check into the new building in Waltham Ma. it's built and not opened, and has been for some time, so it has nothing to do with the current situation, they took the money instead of opening the stores.
I can look out my window and see that building - it is far from ready. There are a thousand reasons that (and other) construction in the area have been slowed down or stopped. It took them two years to open a Panera down the road for similar reasons.

As for the developer of that site - they are proceeding regardless ( http://1265main.wordpress.com/ ).

In their current state they will not be moving in anywhere anytime soon, agreed. There are certainly contractual obligations involved and I am sure they will have to adhere to them. But if the status quo doesn't change you should not be worrying about new stores, you should be worrying about there being any stores.