View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 12:50 PM   #8
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
I don't know the details...so take this for what it is worth (not much).
When NHSA created the electronic/online membership portal, they set the membership fees for the clubs at $35. This was to avoid some clubs charging way less (or way more) than other clubs. Clubs were given the option to participate in the online membership portal, and if so they would charge the same $35. Some clubs declined to participate, so those clubs can set their own membership fees.
The NH AG's office was looking at NHSA for potential anti-trust violation. Where this came from I am not 100% sure, but I suspect it was reported by some of the non-participating clubs.
Then NHSA filed a lawsuit I think to stop the AG investigation. This is the lawsuit that was just rejected by the court. But this is the part that is fuzzy to me.

What is not fuzzy to me is that the thread title is misleading.
Thanks for the explanation. You know I'm using the Microsoft edge browser included in windows 10 and sometimes links don't load correctly.... I went back and was able to read the string Winnocturn posted. Why can't we all just get along.... and focus on what is best snowmobiling in NH.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote