Thread: Village Kitchen
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 05:32 PM   #199
HellRaZoR004

I've tried to refrain from this post but here's a little perspective from someone under 30.

I rarely carry cash with me. When I need cash I go to an ATM and grab it, each transaction fee is credited to my account within 24hrs. Cash purchases are usually for items off craigslist but in general I pay EVERYTHING with a credit card. From travel expenses to buying a soda at the gas station. It's a lot more convenient for me.

AND, I make money doing it!!! In 2014 alone I received over $460 back in cash/statement credits. I expect to be well over that number this year. It's based on the 1-5% cash back that I receive each month from purchases with my credit card. So why would I pay cash for something when I can keep it in my account, gain interest on it, and get paid to use a free loan from the CC company?

This assumes you pay the statement balance in full every month!

I respect the VK's decision to not accept CC's, its certainly an inconvenience for some, but that is their choice. If I want something that badly, I'll suck it up and pay with cash as my only option.
The Following User Says Thank You to HellRaZoR004 For This Useful Post: