Thread: Village Kitchen
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 06:43 AM   #137
dpg

Major hit the nail right on the head and that's all I was trying to say about the "plastic" debate is that the market will demand it someday whether the current owner wants to make the change or not. You need to adapt and change with the times to survive. Sure people now don't mind paying cash because they have to. I'd be willing to bet (just my opinion) if the VK started taking plastic they would see a drastic switch and have at least 75% of customers paying that way. Even the "old timers" that have been eating there for years would pay this way. I'm fully aware losing my business once in awhile isn't going to close the place but I've more than once stopped at Buckeys for this very reason, I will not pay a fee to get at cash through an ATM. Again my business once in awhile means nothing but what if 20, 30 or 40 individuals and families are doing the same thing weekly. In the summer times that's probably very realistic. Some day the "old time" cash carrying payers will be gone then what? Maybe by then Samian will be retired and it will be the next owners burning platform.