View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 05:10 PM   #167
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
I got over there about 8-AM, looking for a Boston Whaler.

Where I thought the Boston Whaler and the camera should be, was a dysfunctional scene: Dogs—and their owners yelling, and chasing back and forth through five or more lots at any one time! ("No, Toby doesn't bite"... )

The Beatles being playing loudly at 8-AM.

I'm not going to complain—ever again—about my July neighboring rental-people, who I'd nick-named, "The Clampetts")

My eyes are squeaking after being out on the lake for six hours-straight. I'll finish this message after I've gotten some shuteye.

For a small vessel at 12:30-PM, the lake was very rough with wind and wakes cross-colliding, giving me a workout I'd like to forget.

Basically, the problem is the channel has an inside curve: that's where boat-wakes are worst. They're getting hammered by 40'-plus boats traveling even at reasonable speeds.

Sure enough, there was a tuber running up the channel. He gave me about 75'—and a wave!

In the south end of the channel, an MP snuck up on me—turned on his lights and siren and took off, after making a 180° turn. (Jet-Ski "chase", I think).

More later...

Wrong house? We don't have a dog. Not a Beatles fan either. Perhaps your "eyes (were) squeaking" earlier than you though.