Thread: 25 Years!
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 10:58 PM   #61
defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
25 years ago today I registered the name winnipesaukee.com and began to build this site. I had just sold our house in Moultonboro (a big mistake) and building this site was a way for me to stay connected and contribute to the area that I loved so much.

I wasn't sure what I'd do with the site but the first thing I did was to get on a seaplane and take several rolls of aerial photos of the lake. Those photos are still available here in the Photopost Gallery. A few years later forum software became available and the site became interactive. In 1999 I added the WeirsCAM and very quickly the site began receiving thousands of visitors a day.

From the beginning I wanted this site to be 100% dedicated to the Lakes Region. A place to immerse yourself for a few minutes in lake activities and issues. I think I've achieved that but it wasn't easy, especially now.

For many years running this site was a blast. In the days of our ForumFests I was almost a celebrity. There were articles written about me and the site and I felt that I had created something special. Not so much anymore. If you saw the messages and criticism I get almost every day you'd think that I am involved in something evil. I'll never forget the email I received a few years ago, dozens of pages long with the word NAZI repeated thousands of time. That sentiment has been repeated many times, although a little less dramatically.

I can't say what the future of this site is. Many days I dread opening my mailbox because I know it will be full of criticism and accusations. For today I'm going to ignore all that and try to celebrate being able to do this for 25 years!
Great story- great job! Many thanks! God bless you!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
defender is offline   Reply With Quote