View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 05:50 PM   #59
Downeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
56 Feet

It has made it as far as New Jersey as of today. Headed to Portsmouth on the water then being trucked to the lake.

Massive undertaking! Bridges, wires, tree branches. Over height, over width, over length and a weight of about 55,000 pounds. Plenty to deal with.

It's about 7,000 pounds more than the 53 Carver was but it cannot be broken down for height like the 53. When the 53 was shipped to Rhode Island the bridge left on a different truck than the boat itself.

I remember that 53' bottle. The corrosion on the electrical system in the e/r told a sad story. Back-feeding all over the boat.

I, with the help of others, spent hours cleaning and treating numerous neglected 4/0 DC(-) terminals down there. .. taking back years of low maintenance found in the hard access corners.

Happily all efforts were rewarded with 100% success and all Back-feeding Electrical Gremlins were properly fed and disappeared.

Sorry for the hi-jack, It just made me look back into the archives of being a marine electrician.
Downeast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Downeast For This Useful Post: