View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 06:13 PM   #18
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
One big problemo with Makita is their price ...... so very very expensive ..... I should have to give up eating for a week to be able to afford one ..... unless I find one for five dollars at the thrift store ...... you know what ..... sometime you just get lucky!

You know the very low priced Hyper Tough line of cordless power tools, sold at Walmart, are really very well designed and made, and sell for a low, low, low price. How do they do it? Is they made by Chinese prisoners, locked up somewhere, in a Chinese prison. "You must make 25 cordless drills by noon, or no bowl or rice for you, so's get to work ....... hut-hut-hut!"

Hyper Tough makes a 10" 110v 15a table saw for about $130 .... includes a stand .... and it definitely cuts it. This is less than the $150 the ReStore thrift in Plymouth wants for a 60-year old, cast iron top, Craftsman belt drive with 3/4-hp motor.
I Bought the Ryobi because it was cheap and on sale a Xmass time at Home Depot. I won't make that mistake again. It's a POS and not worth half of what I paid for it.
If you just want a tool around the house for when you want to hang a picture it's fine. But if you perform any kind of real work where you need to depend on a tool all day then spend the extra spend the money on the Makita.
Of course if you're retired and don't mind taking twice as long to do the same job a quality tool would do then go by cheap at Walley World.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote