View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #193
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
As for your beliving I am not mature enough?? Personal attacks will get you no where on here. keep it civil....
Yeap. Been there before. I've been driving performance boats since I was seven. My Dad had wooden hydroplanes back then. My Dad skippered the Miss Winnipesaukee after WWII. We had many performance boats. My favorite was the Hydrostream Viper with a merc 150SS with cleavers. That boat was a handfull!

In 2001, I had the opportunity to go to the Cigarette 'Top Gun' school. That was the most rewarding experience in my life! To be able to work and be trained by professional performance drivers. Their primary goal is SAFETY.

No doubt, I probably logged more boating time in my life than 99% of the folks on the forum. Except maybe ELChase who claimed to put over 1000 hours on a boat in a summer.

Yet, I have been told by SL supporters that I lack the ability to handle these babies and that I am a cowboy. I have never had a moving violation ticket on the water. Nor have I ever been in a collision on the water. My insurance company reward me with the cheapest rate that I know.

I have seen the MP having trouble at speed. I remember the time when one of the MP ran over a small whaler in Alton Bay. And the MPO was put on administrative leave and eventually quit.

Be careful who you call immature!