View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 12:29 PM   #180
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts
Default Did you use it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
No kidding! I should have entered this discussion from day-1, but it reads like the chatroom at SOS.

Things picked up about 2005, when SOS noticed that a whole lot of subscribers were dying in Poker Run collisions—(plus making victims of a few of those other boaters of no great consequence). The SOS forums disappeared into smoke-filled chatrooms—hidden from view by us "ordinary boaters".

Not only that, but isn't the owner in the demographic age category of "highest-risk"—like Erika?

That was in Australia: I guess the owner never had a chance to vote in any of OCD's poll(s).

I guess you missed the nine that died colliding with an anchored barge near my former home—this June.

Please: Have that—and any other hormonal or chemical stimulations—away from the lake. Wait a minute! You can get an Adrenalin rush in any sailboat off Rattlesnake Island!

Those accounts will eventually disappear from the Internet: make hard copies. You can duplicate them as you discuss these collisions with legislators concerned about drunk and reckless boating. (Unless a Citizen headline makes a meeting moot, that is).

When used as "blinders" by a cult, it's not in the spirit of free exchange of ideas—but you knew that already.

It's a "Vanity".

(Meaning, a vain exercise, sometimes with only one contributor).

BTW: Don opened the "Donate" button open months ago: I suggest everybody here—particularly all contributors at these Anti-Speed-Limit threads. (That's where oversized photos of oversized boats (and overlong mutual-admiration of each other's—whatevers) has been using up bandwidth all season.

Except for weather and wakes, sailing has no death-dealing controversies to keep the pot stirred. Too many sailing fatalities are produced as a result of the overextended throttles of their two- and three-engined ocean-racers who speed across inland lakes without considering other boaters.

Please. Two headlines in recent memory are enough.

Finally, some good news!

Please ask somebody at Lake Norman how many survived the Baja that launched from Lake Norman, jumped the guard rail onto I-75, and hit a truck!
I never saw a followup, and elchase will want to have a printout.

Has The Cult been reading the warnings and disclaimers on the newest PFDs? (Don may have a copy of the exact wording).

Right here:

You got 12 hours out of the engine, and don't consider that abuse?

OK.

The most accurate poll could have been answered in one week—an option available to you that wasn't used. In that time, the majority of Winnipesaukee.com forum users (ONLY!) could have voted in that poll.

"Word" gets out to SOS and dozens of SpeedFreak websites, and the voting goes on and on and on. One of your cult can even be read complaining to a sympathetic Volkswagen website!

The boat? Discounting the risk of injury to others?

Seems to be the trend.

Sorry that no skilled New Hampshire workers could meet your demands: a 1½ hour drive through NH probably took you past someone who could have used the work. (Not that I'd ask for altruism during a period of high unemployment). A 12-hour drive probably took you past a hundred willing workers.

I don't "get" the need to paint gelcoat in the first place: it's like painting aluminum canoes—and only FLL does that!
Did you use the donate button? You are using more BW than anyone else on this forum by "parsing" text and attaching that silly image to everyone of your posts

BTW: I used the donate button.

You don't need to get why anyone does anything or chooses where to have work done- see, this is a free country and we are still allowed to do pretty much as we please with the things that we have worked hard to earn. I sent the heads from my 70 Olds 455 to California to be ported and polished by a guy named Joe Mondello. Perhaps I could have found a local shop to have the same thing done, but Joe is the guru and I felt it was worth the shipping$$.

Abuse? There isn't a motor built in this country that can't run at WOT for 12 hours- obviously some component was weak and gave up the fight. What if it were a sailboat that you bought used and a sail ripped- would that be abuse??

I don't use the ignore button, but when some JA floods the forum with stories that don't even back up his point, I become tempted.

You on the lake today?? I was and didn't see a single sailboat out there especially one with someone wearing a hat with 2 Nat King Cole CDs glued to it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post: