View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #187
NoRegrets

PM203 - I agree with you that the smaller boats are a much bigger problem!

Bear Islander is very true to his perspectives and correct in his logic. Thank you for that! I am sorry VT Steve that you have some sort of self imposed no posting policy going (I hope it is short lived!). There is plenty of goading but it seems to correct itself after some entertaining bantering!!!

The diverse opinions being written about by all are finally defining the real issue. This is not the only place in the country where sharing resources have created actions that are being debated. This forum is unique where it allows people to communicate and vent for both entertainment and education. We are really lucky to have it!

The population is crowding more people into desirable spaces. Trying to ration who and how people enjoy the lake is wrong! One can whine and beg all they want but the lake is public for the benefit of all. It has great history and is the only resource of this size that should be able to accommodate those that choose to rev it up a bit. The slippery slope that the Speed Limit Law offers is that it may never stop until only man powered crafts or swimmers are allowed to use the lake. I feel the smallest group is the first to be attacked or ruled out, next they will go for the cruisers, then the boats on trailers, etc. It may never stop until those that control the media or politicians have their exclusive lake without the all the inconveniences mentioned.

Go for the boneheads, rude, and un-educated and all will follow. I have no problem with bigger, faster, or more powerful equipment. I think it is amazing how technology and materials can support specialty vessels that some enjoy. The louder (already governed by law) and “get out of my way” issues should be addressed. Speed limits hurt many law abiding people that have the same rights as the rest of us have (for now!).