View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #106
Resident 2B

Default Proponents' Real Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
Since there are people saying that there are fewer GFBLs on the lake, people are saying the lake is safer. It is pretty obvious what the goal of the speed limit was.

Next will be the cruisers.

After that will be PWCs.

What can they ban next?
Chip and all others,

It has been very clear to me for two years now that the pro speed limit minority have no real interest in safe boating. Their only objective is to restrict certain boats from the lake. They are all over GFBL boats now. If they win this battle, the PWC or cruisers will definately be next.

For the record, I have a bow rider that tops out at 47 MPH, but I have never gone over 40 MPH on Winnipesaukee. So, although I am completely opposed to the speed limit, I am not a GFBL boater. I respect the rights of all safe boaters and I respect freedom. Freedom is what this country was built on!

The Speed Limit push was not at all about safe boating. The Speed Limit proponents have a hidden agenda to remove certain type water craft from the lake. I used to go the the WinnFabs meetings when I was trying to decide were I was on this issue. It became very clear to me that their real objective was not at all about boating education and boating safety, but it was all about removing certain boats from the lake. Reading their posts on this forum, that becomes very clear.

To me, the proponent's actions are extremely un-American and their agenda has fooled the law makers of a great state with the motto "Live Free or Die". This is so hard to believe, but that is what has happened.

We, as one family, have decide to sell our water-front place on the lake and move on if this law becomes permanent. We want to live where freedom rings! We choose not to live with people who's only purpose is to restrict the rights of those they do not like.

That is clearly what is happening here and this has to be stopped.

R2B
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Resident 2B For This Useful Post: