View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 11:08 PM   #4
Senter Cove Guy

Default 2 More Wrecks Linked Together

There are at least 6 known wrecks that can be found just in front of the mooring field in front of Goodhue & Hawkins Navy Yard in Wolfeboro Bay.

A couple of years ago we linked 4 of them together. A barge and 3 old steamers.

Today, Capt. Pat and I linked 2 more together. They ARE NOT linked to the other 4. That's a project for another day.

Today, we started by dropping our flag marker on an old, burned out, wooden Correct Craft at Lat/Lon N 43 34.559 W 71 13.410. Depth is 50 feet. We dropped pretty much right down on it. We tied some white fiber tape to the circular stern cleat and set off on a course of 110 degrees where we expected to find the 36 foot steamer that Grant & Capt. Pat found in July 2014. We expected to see it about 100 - 125 feet away but it's closer to 180 feet away. We tied the white fiber tape to the forward portion of the 2nd wreck.

The second wreck is long and narrow. We need to go back and measure it but I'm guessing that it's closer to 40- 45 feet long. It has a very narrow, pointed bow and is square in the stern. These 2 features are not indicative of a steamer. Capt Pat thinks he saw some battery cables in the stern and I saw a very corroded, unreadable license plate on the stern.

The attached video was taken about 2- 3 weeks ago. The first wreck in the video is the long and narrow wreck (todays 2nd wreck) while the second wreck in the video only shows the 2, very large engines that powered the old Correct Craft.

http://youtu.be/N7yBwOj3wmM