Thread: Why is it....
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #13
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post
Interesting fun fact. I forgot that the waters are "free" to anyone. Your point makes sense now. Needless to say, is there any way to make a marina closed to fishing to everyone including the general public?

In all honesty, it's not that big of an issue. For the 5-10 fishing boats that come in throughout the year, it's not worth the hassle of trying to keep them out "legally", if at all possible.

I am pretty sure there's no way. I also think the signs/requests to leave might even be illegal...

207:57 Harassment. –
I. No person shall purposely obstruct or impede the participation of any individual in the lawful activity of hunting, fishing or trapping while that individual is in a designated hunting area on public lands. No person shall enter or remain in a designated hunting area on any state lands with the intent to purposely obstruct or impede the participation of any individual in the lawful activity of hunting, fishing or trapping.
II. The provisions of paragraph I shall not apply to the actions of law enforcement officers and personnel of the department of fish and game in the performance of their official duties. The provisions of paragraph I shall not apply to any incidental interference arising from the lawful and normal activities of public land users.
III. The executive director shall adopt rules, pursuant to RSA 541-A, to administer this section and to establish designated hunting areas on public lands, if he finds that a significant interference with or disruption of a hunt is likely to occur on those lands.
IV. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a violation.
Source. 1989, 308:1, eff. May 29, 1989.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave R For This Useful Post: