View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #14
lawn psycho

APS, those phrases you are referencing were opinions. The MP stats indicate speeding on Winni is not a major issue. On much smaller bodies of water, speed or hp restrictions can make sense HOWEVER, there is a self-regulating effect on those bodies of water.

I hope WinnFabs plays the "bigger and bigger" card. That's the part just below the surface I am ready to pounce on as will many others. Go look at all the marinas right now with shrink wrapped and stored boats. Think how much $$$$$$$ the marinas make for doing those services every year.
HP restrictions? That's saying the same thing as restricting boat size.

Also, because of the catalytic converter requirement for I/O engines now, the 3.0L is likely being phased out. So now either some boats will only come equipped with 4.3L engines (ie, FASTER AND BIGGER) or boat builders will go to outboards on entry level boats. The boats would then be lighter and FASTER. How's that for ironic?

If the speed limit was the holy grail of tranquility to Lake Winni, then why was the Barber's pole NWZ requested? I don't know why the papers didn't capitalize on that fact. THAT shows a loss of credibility to the SL proponents and that's real evidence. The SL can't work and fail at the same time.

In all your arguments supporting the SL, you have failed to present objective data that supports the need for a speed limit.
The Following User Says Thank You to lawn psycho For This Useful Post: