Thread: It Figures....
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #28
classic22

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin bay View Post
when I logged on this am to this site I was a bit surprised to see so much xmas venom. I received a few emails since yesterday that answered some of yesterdays questions....see below. Some of the ?s were also answered in the UL article/comments yesterday.

01-28-2010, 03:16 PM #218
OCDACTIVE
A.T. Cult Member #4
VIP Member

1999 28 Active Thunder Savage Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaoderhead
Poor stock here at the Hooters......you're better off waxing

Well... If we are there from noon until 11pm they are bound to look better...

05-28-2009, 06:37 AM #16
OCDACTIVE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by livefreeordie
Same here im not going to let this stop me from enjoying the wide open brods. It felt good to get out there and see no boats in sight and double the limit lol.... Im sure if your not stupid about the places you open her up you will never get a ticket.

Agreed.. I almost doubled it as well....

Loving the new boat.. It is amazing to feel how much power is left even when cruising at 60 mph

Others which I will copy to save space:
Excursion writes on offshore only: Theres no tylenol at this party, we have a saying Cant drink all day if you dont start in the morning to which OCDACTIVE replies "Very true..I had started at noon and went to shots around 8 PM...then forgot to eat...I know better than that". R Addiction responds "I never forget to eat! Shots!!!!! Gluton for punishment! OCDACTIVE replies to this "No kidding..I have enough experience to know that as well..But you know one thing leads to another, things get a little crazy, you become forgetful...wake up on the floor in the dogs bed with a raging headache..LOL...
I assume many people will feel the same way next Sunday!"

Some of the posts in the UL indicate that these posts were edited("enhanced" as one person noted) shortly after they appeared in the UL or Conc. Monitor and that seemed to them rather spineless in that the head of SBONH needs to own up to his remarks. I have to agree. The cover up looks worse, that is editing the posts nearly a year later. Can't seem to cover up the fact that they were edited 2 days ago according to the UL posts.
I'm told that the actual copies of these offshoreonly forums will be or have been sent to some of our reps in concord. One has to thjink that reps like Packard, Boutin, Forsythe, Hikel will consider SBONH to be a political liability after seeing this and the deja vu to NHRBA will seem apparent to some.
The fact that these quotes have not been addressed by SBONH's prez (not to mention some of the responses to yesterdays post by me)makes me think that any sympathy I might have had for the group has evaporated. I have to agree that many here wouldn't recognize reasonable and prudent if it hit them over the head. As was said in the UL, mature people don't brag about their excessive alcohol intake (and moderate their alcohol intake as well). I'm not letting this group dictate to me what is appropriate behavior/laws for the lake.
When people cant win an arguement based on facts,they go personal in an attempt to discredit the message. The fact is the the speed limit people are running scared, and they will do anything in there attempt to derail SBONH and its inititives. Someone must have little to do to go drag up some really old posts from another web site,take them out of context, post them all over this site and others as well as in the comments section of online newspaper articles that have nothing to do with the president of SBONH. I can assure you that the president of SBONH does not drink and drive anything. PERIOD. Now if you would like to get back on track and debate facts about the lake and what is or is not a problem on the lake, we are all for it, but please leave the personal attacks at home, it just makes you look foolish.