View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #36
NoBozo

The Defiant 45 LED Work Light has a little green LED light on the handle that flashes while the charger is charging. When the charge is complete, the little green LED STOPS flashing and stays on steady until you unplug the "charger".

I've been doing a lot of looking on line about NiMH battery's and one article suggested Overcharging "could" drive one of the cells into reverse polarity and damage the cell. I'm wondering if the little green LED burning steady..signifies that charging has actually Stopped..ie disconnected from the battery via some circuitry in the light....

I have an IRobot Roomba robot vacuum cleaner which also has a NiMH battery installed. The instructions for that device Insist
that the charger remain Plugged In 24/7 while the vacuum is out of service, or damage to the battery WILL result. NB

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimh_battery

PS: The Wiki article seems to say that Both Over Charging AND Over DIS-Charging can damage the cells.

PPS: Maybe this sentence from Wiki titled "Charging".. is the answer: "A NiCd charger should not be used as a substitute for an automatic NiMH charger".

Last edited by NoBozo; 02-06-2014 at 03:21 PM.
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote