View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #32
fatlazyless

Default Where are all the downhill skiers?

19 empty chairs, four-seater chairs on the main WV quad lift, just chugged past all empty, as I counted them on channel 58. Channel 61, the Tennis Channel, was showing an old match between Franchesca Sciavoni (Italy) and Eileena Dementieva (Russia), and during an advertisement I switched over to the channel 58 WV chairlift view just to take a gander.

WHERE ARE ALL THE DOWNHILL SKIERS? Hello out there, skiers and snow-boarders, where are you? Today is Monday, December 20, 2010, and an adult lift ticket at Waterville Valley costs $69, and the www.waterville.com has something like 27 out of its' 52 trails open with totally man-made snow. Where is everybody?

Down at the sporty little 9-hole golf course, about two miles away from the ski area, the grass is no longer bright green, having turned to a medium green, and it must resemble what it would normally be like at a golf course in Delaware or Maryland, this time of year. Anyone for playing a game of golf today at the Waterville Valley golf course? While the greens are all roped off, there is absolutely zero snow on the fairways or in the woods, and one could get in a pretty fair game of golf for free what with nobody home at the golf pro-shop to stop you.

Ok....ok....ok.....I know.....it's still way to early to be saying goodbye to skiing and welcome back to golf....since after all....it's only December 20....but not having any natural snow here is just downright un-natural considering that WV normally has had a natural snow cover on the ground here from Nov 8 to April 5 going back to 1987.

How about tennis? Both Ashland and Meredith still have two nets up and very playable courts, last time I looked about one week ago? ..

Here is a real ski discount deal for tomorrow Tuesday, December 21!

Twenty Seven Dollar, one day WV ski deal for Tuesday December 21....ski all day at WV for $27.....here's the deal.....go to the website, www.waterville.com and copy their Twitter page with the Boston Patriots one day $27 deal....and bring that to the ticket office at the mountain. You can call 603-236-4144 and talk to a real person, their ski area operator, after the recorded message to verify this if you do not believe it, but it's true!

Today, they have 27 out of 52 trails open and I hear that trail conditions are icy and scratchy and not very good, so best time to ski is early in the morning, if at all! Probably, you got to be a hard core skier-rider to want to ski this icy stuff, but what the heck!

Hey, maybe pack along the golf clubs, just in case as a back-up and go do some practice on the still green www.wvnh.com/golf.php ?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-20-2010 at 11:48 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote