View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #10
fatlazyless

Default 2010-2011 Waterville Valley prices

Just checked the prices at www.waterville.com and here they is:

$739 Threedom Limited Edition Pass (no Saturdays, no holidays, not sure about Sundays)

$69 Adult one day rate - all lifts

Monday & Friday are twofer days which means 2/$69, and probably starts on Monday, January 3

OUCHEY OUCH OUCH OUCH........expensive......my.....my......my!

That totally free for cross country skiing, double tracked and groomed 2.3 mile section of the Livermore Rd, starting at Depot Camp (parking) is looking better and better. A lot of people know about it and use it, despite there being absolutely no signs what-so-ever to indicate it even exists as a no-charge, free xc use area. For example, do not expect to see any signs that say "Free XC Ski Trail."

If you do a web search you might be able to find the reason tucked away in the U.S Forest Service, White Mountain National Forest section on Waterville Valley. It's got to do with the Livermore Rd being a dual purpose ski area, cross country trail plus a link to a number of hiking trails and an integral section to the groomed WV $14/day(last year's price) cross country system. Believe me, if there was a way for the WV cross country system to be able to get away with not grooming it, then they would not groom it, but they can't, so they do! It's been this way for an unknown number of years.....like maybe ten or more.....a commercial interest working together under the administrative thumb of the U. S. Forest Service......way-to-go.......U.S. Forest Service thumb!

All sorts of local people from Campton, Thornton, Plymouth, Rumney, Wentworth & Woodstock show up on weekdays because the price for the Depot Camp parking lot and Livermore Rd cross country skiing on a beautifull groomed trail is free. Lots of old wood cross country skis and old woolen knickers on 60 and 70-something skiers. Even maybe an 80-something or two; great grandma and great grandpa out on their woodies & in their woolies along with Barney the Basset Hound.......aaarrrrrroooos!

A WMNF parking pass is needed, otherwise it is three bucks to park, and you can get pinched for $75 if the Forest Service cop catches you without a $20 pass attached to the windshield or a $3 day ticket on top of your dashboard.
For 80 year olds, the WV down hill ski pass has been free except for the $25 to cover administrative costs or something plus a photo ID? Now, what with Gov Sununu in charge, ("it's not a tax, it's a fee!") he'll probably be upping the price for the 80 year olds, no doubt. I have no clue?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-16-2010 at 08:40 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote