Thread: Move it or Not?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 12:59 PM   #14
tummyman

When I had my new septic installed, I had a survey done by the septic designer. Luckily his work was identical to a licensed engineer surveyor who followed very shortly, as we need the second survey for a building addition. So there may have been an error made. The first step should be to collect a copy of the survey that has indicated the questionable line. Your neighbor can provide it or you can get a copy at your town hall. Second, depending on the town, the assessing department may have a copy of the original plot plans for your lot and others....get this plan or you can usually get it from the Registry of Deeds. Take these plans plus a copy of your current deed to a licensed surveyor and have them resurvey your land, place interim stakes along the boundary in question so you can se the line close to your house, and make sure they put their engineer stamp on the plan. Depending on the results, you may be off to a lawyer who deals in land issues...you don't want a trust and estates lawyer. Keep us posted of your progress.......
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote