View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 06:55 PM   #1
Meredith_Resident

Default Debris on Meredith Bay

Hey all,

So I've been a resident of the lakes region my entire life (Gilford, Laconia, Holderness, and now on Meredith Bay), and this year I'm seeing some of the worst debris issues I have ever seen. We walked the path around Hesky Park this evening and recovered what we could to help out the town, but there's still so much on the ice itself and floating out of reach. Hopefully we can get out there in our canoe soon and recover other bits of small debris. It's sad to see pieces of bobhouses, wood pallets, plastic bottles, and ropes just floating around. The neighbors mentioned there were (!!!) dump trucks (!!!) full of debris removed from the ice in the area a few weeks back when people could get on the ice to remove stuff. I wish people who came to enjoy the frozen bay in the winter months would pay more attention to what they're leaving behind. I love that there is tourism in the winter and it's great to see people coming together for the pond hockey, fishing derby, etc...but I wish there was a way for stricter penalties to be implemented to those who forget they're leaving this garbage on our lake!!! Sorry for the rant, but it's just disheartening...