Thread: Dark Mode
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 02:17 PM   #6
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I have both Windows 10 and 11 as well as UBUNTU. 10 and 11 are pretty much the same in personalization. The trick on Firefox looks pretty neat. Do you think one would develop an extension to capture firefox personalization? UBUNTU has a lot more custom control than Windows. I like the black background with yellow fonts for my ancient eyes.
Computer-related vision problems (computer vision syndrome), including macular degeneration in young people, are such a serious problem that you would think that Mircrosoft and browsers would offer a simple way to change the fonts and colors of Windows, MS Word, and websites. Sadly, they do not. Solutions are complicated and need a lot of research and hunting.

A number of studies have been done to determine the best text and background colors to relieve computer eye strain. Yellow on black is one possibility. I find that disturbing myself and much prefer black text on a gray background. Try the Firefox color settings option. If you have trouble I'd be glad to help.

I forgot one other important tool: f.lux, which adjusts the amount of blue light coming from your screen. https://justgetflux.com/ This makes a really big difference in eye comfort.
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote