Thread: Electrocution
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 01:52 PM   #12
Formula260SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Please keep us posted. I agree with Dan--this is really important and google is no help. Even knowing ball numbers--10', 100', 1000' would be great
So as I continue to wonder - what about all the power cables that run from the mainland to the islands? Yes of course they meet codes but think about a failure there......

I know we hear about Marina's having issues every year but has there been a story of a pump in a lake doing the same thing? Also, most homes in NH have well pumps. If I'm thinking about this correctly the pump is always submersed in the well, the water in the well runs into the house, there is no stop gap between the pump in the well and the water coming out of the faucet. Keep in mind the pump casing is in the ground and the copper piping may be tied to an earth ground as well.

I know my well pump at home is not on a GFI but is grounded through my panel but what if the pump shorts and the breaker does not pop?

Kind of thinking out loud here - I have sources for answers I will reach out to but the subject is interesting to me and if there are any electrical engineers out there that can add some thoughts I'd appreciate it.
Formula260SS is offline   Reply With Quote