View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #33
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post
Yup, I will not lie, I like what I own loud. Until it can get enforced, I'll keep my toys loud. No, that does not mean I'm going to operate arrogantly in the way I do it. Unlike you, I'd appreciate if every boat on the lake had thru-hull exhaust
With all due respect... have you ever given any thought to anyone other than yourself in regards to your love of loud toys? You passion for loudness is going to contribute to the demise of all those recreational activities you now enjoy and impact those who choose to be, shall we say much more considerate of others in the interest of being able to maintain the ability of enjoying various motor sports. What you don't realize is that your actions and others who insist on running loud may not result in stricter regulation, it can and often does lead to something far more sinister. People with enough land, money and influence to just plain say fine if you cannot operate a vehicle responsibly then guess what you can't operate it anymore in my back yard. If you can't enjoy a boat, sled, bike or whatever that doesn't disturb everything in a 5 mile or more radius there is something fundamentally wrong with you and know what maybe you shouldn't own one and one day you won't if this kind of thing keeps up. What you think that will never happen? It can, it has, and it will. You are creating a perception, that perception is what will be used as a catalyst to not just regulate but BAN their use. Remember jet skis? How many bodies of water are they banned on and WHY?

As an avid and very active snowmobiler I can tell you that reckless operation and loud pipes is a HUGE problem and has lead to numerous trail closures. Of course since 90% of the trail system is on private land, all it takes is the land owner to say they've had enough and that's it, trail is closed and no it's not your 'right' to be able to ride on someone's property. It's a privilege that is easily revoked, too bad so sad. On the lake it's a little different in that it'll take time, but clearly people are getting fed up with it and doing something about it. So I would urge anyone who thinks it's cool to be obnoxious to knock it off or everyone will suffer. I swear the really bad ones are just a bunch of ignorant, juveniles with small man syndrome and all it takes is one. Least we forget that Lake Winnipesaukee's shore front is primarily owned by some very very wealthy and in some cases politically well connected people. If they all decide they've had enough the state will act.

Case in point, was out on Saturday, what a beautiful day BTW. Just out like so many others enjoying the day, sun, warm water etc... Never fails one jack*ss goes by where we were anchored with a boat so damned loud we had to stop and wait to continue a conversation, and this boat was a good 3/4 of a mile away. I shook my head as it went by and even after it was out of sight you could still hear that POS for several more minutes. Now I ask you , first is that really necessary? Secondly does it make you feel good that you have successfully disturbed half the freaking lake all in the interest of satisfying the need to be loud?

Oh and that Harley crowd, comical at best. What a loud obnoxious bike and some cheesy leather is supposed to make you look like a tough guy or something? I'm rolling on the floor laughing my *** off at that one. Please you all look like a member of the village people. Grow up!

Unlike you I appreciate guys like OCDACTIVE and others who have a love for the go fast stuff but are considerate and reasonable in how they operate. I've said it more than once on here, while I am not a big fan of the performance boats, my perception has changed radically when seeing how hard these guys are going out of their way to be good stewards. Maybe you should try the same.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: