View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #32
KBoater

Default moose thoughts

My first encounter with a moose was in Effingham in the woods when I was young. I was walking with my brother and looked up to see this BIG thing looking at us. We panicked and started to run back to the road and car. The moose decided to chase us. We made it to the car and the moose stopped on the road and just looked at us. We ducked down below the window and prayed. Eventually my mother knocked on the windows to let her in. (We had locked the car so the moose wouldn’t get in??) Mom was on the other side of the road talking to other folks and we had wandered off. We got quite a lecture about wandering off.
The next time was as an adult in Wolfeboro when we had a wandering moose downtown. He walked across Brewster fields to the water.
Another time was on Wolfeboro Neck right after the roads for Wolfeboro Estates were cut into the woods. Right next to the still dirt road were some cut king pine trees and the moose was next to the tree. He looked like he was crying and sad that he was losing his favorite tree.