View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 12:28 PM   #4
Phantom

I mentioned that in another thread a few week ago.

On weekends, MP use to have a boat ALWAYS hovering either the mouth of the Weirs Channel or at FL#2 ( Eagle Isl.). Haven't seen a one all season.

Spent the last 10 days vacationing/ teaching my grand daughter navigation & driving in all conditions (including busy Meredith Bay on a Saturday/Sunday), what we call "sporty" conditions in the broads, dealing with all the sailboats departing/returning to Fayes, etc.

Over that period, I think we logged something close to 20 engine hours ……….. and saw MAYBE 3 MP boats the entire period.

There is a definite change in MP patrolling practices this Season ---

and to add another note -- it is sad that there is no MP VHF monitoring at the new MP facility in Glendale …… raising a patrol boat via VHF is virtually impossible unless you are lucky enough to catch them idling somewhere -- This past weekend I listened to Tow Boat Us hailing them for 10 minutes as he was heading to a "reported" capsized boat ( fortunately was not the case in the end) …… I miss Mighty Mo !!