Thread: Bike Week
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 08:52 AM   #71
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I think it's awesome that 60+ y.o. guys head out on the open road with their bikes and wives/girlfriends holding on. I especially admire the couples who are a bit infirm, but refuse to let that keep them off their bikes.

But the last time I was at The Tamarack during Bike Week, it was literally impossible to hold a conversation across the picnic table because hundreds were roaring by throughout the entire meal. You're dreaming if you think that's not a turn off for 90% of the population.
Every event is going to turn off some people, that is just life. Why would you go to the Tamarack during bike, we if you where going to be turned off by the noise? I have been around for several bike weeks. When I head over in that direction I know what I am getting into... So if you find your self at the tamarack during bike week, unless you have had your head in the ground, you know what you are getting into.... Bike week is just that a week... yep 90% of the population may not like it... and most that don't just stay away...

I don't like craft fairs, especially ones held out side, with the jungles of little white shelters... and I know I am not the only one... I don't complain about it, I just don't go around it.

If people can't deal with a the single week of bike week, we have deeper problems....