Thread: Bike Week
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 05:34 PM   #44
jbolty

There should be a consolidated thread with all the other threads regarding what to do with the weirs.

Despite seeing it first hand it's still a little jolting to watch that movie and see many of the same places in the same spot 50 years later.

All the plans come back to the same thing. How to make money in the 6+ months when there are few tourists or make enough in the summer to carry over.

I took some people on a Mount cruise last summer who had never been to NH before and after they bought some fudge and a key chain they were done with everything the weirs has to offer in about five minutes flat.

Too bad but I think nothing is ever going to happen unless there is a muti million $ effort to gut the whole place at once into some sort of resort destination.

I could see a benefit in some sort of event park. A bunch of open air shed type buildings would not be too expensive and could be used for all sorts of parties, swap meet, concerts, car shows, etc and in the winter maybe boat storage. But where? Needs to be big and fairly flat and really no need to be near the weirs anyway. Gunstock comes to mind or maybe the top of the hill where shangrila used to be. Or airport plaza after that all folds up.
jbolty is online now   Reply With Quote