Thread: Bike Week
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 02:53 PM   #22
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Times change they always do. As the cost of hobbies goes up, people are forced to make choices. 30-40 years ago having a motorcycle and a boat was not unthinkable even in the Northeast were the season is short. But now, with the cost many people, like me make a choice... For me it was boating with out a doubt. I also have invested in a camper and love doing that with my family as well...

Investing in more toys when I already have 3 (Boat, Jet Ski, and Camper) that can be used only in the summer just doesn't make sense. I just don't have that much time. Not to mention my wife doesn't like Motorcycles, so it would be a toy for only me to enjoy....

Bottom line I love Bike Week always have, I have met many good people when I have had the opportunity to make my way to the Weirs....In years past I have been invited back to camp grounds and hotels to party... I have also taken people I have met out for boat rides... But people aren't as social anymore. Yes they are polite etc. but it is not as social as they used to be.

Top the decline of the social part of the event, with new laws and an ever increasing Police Presence, the event will continue to dwindle. The problem is as the event dwindles, the "Heathens" will become more and more noticeable and draw more attention to the Bad aspects of the event. Thus we have a vicious cycle.......