View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 12:27 PM   #29
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Girl View Post
Good to hear your experience was good. Ours not so much. We both had the breakfast sandwiches, mine with bacon and his with sausage. WAY too greasy and the bacon was burned (not crispy ... burned). And the vibe didn't feel welcoming (like the menu is posted on one side, but we were told to move to the other end of the counter -- where the menu was no longer visible -- to place our order). Made us mourn Ellen.

We will probably go back one day to give it another try, but we were very disappointed. Would really like to see them succeed, but think they need to actively solicit customer feedback.
How unfortunate that you were "very disappointed" with your initial visit. We also really liked Ellen a lot and I am one of those who is resistant to change. To that point I have to state that Mo's welcoming smile ushered me through and I've been back several times. The issues you bring to light can remind all of us of just how challenging the restaurant business can be. The same piece of bacon can be undercooked for one person while over cooked for the other. I went by this morning and purchased my 7th bacon egg and cheese breakfast bagel since they opened. (This item is stressing my efforts to eat gluten free) Each has been consistent in its preparation.

I've witnessed significant growth in their traffic and overheard a lopsided majority of people volunteer positive feedback on the way out the door.

I like you, too wish them well and I hope they succeed. We do however have a different understanding of how we can play a role in helping. When you do go back, if you find something is less than your liking perhaps if you pull Mo or Mark aside and express your disappointment you'll provide them the opportunity to make it right.

I am in no way affiliated with this place other than as a customer. As a matter of fact I own a seasonal competing business. I rely on the Mello Moose to continue doing a great job and delivering a great product as it will provide a tool of motivation for me with my staff.
Attached Images

Last edited by baygo; 03-21-2018 at 03:13 PM.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote