View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 03:08 PM   #182
Descant

Thanked 1,508 Times in 982 Posts
Default Thank you Top-Water

Thank you Top-Water. Fun reminisces, and yes, a relief from the overwhelming number of posts and news releases on that other topic. A couple of comments. I remember the Mount Washington Sundae (2 bananas, 6 scoops of ice cream as being a creation of Weeks' Dairy Bar in Laconia and a later a second location in Meredith. As teen-agers, my friend and I used to split one. First one to the middle won, the loser had to pay. Kellerhaus came later. It was originally "Hartland" the private residence of Myron Hart. Walking into Kellerhause, you ca see where the outside pillars were that led to a porch, now closed in to make a larger interior space. Mr. Hart also owned a boathouse in the Channel and a 1948 Chris Craft 28' sedan, named "Myth". That was the second boathouse south of Thurston Marine. The first boathouse, with multi-level raised roofs was owned by Victor Tompkins who built the Queen City Motel in Manchester and owned Tobey's Motor Court in Plymouth. His boat was a 42' Chris Craft; later he moved up to a 45' CC. Both were named "Wanderer". Moving south a couple more boathouses was the homeport of the Public Utilities Comm ission boats, 2 Steelcrafts used mostly to service aids to navigation, but they had blue lights and would also perform police functions. They were succeeded by today's Marine Patrol.
Sorry to ramble.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post: