View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 11:57 AM   #37
tummyman

Learned a few interesting things today. YTTV cancelled 19 Regional Sports Channels because they could not cut a deal with Fox Sports that owned them. So in one hit, YTTV lost all 19. NESN is different...it si 80% owned by Fenway Sport Group (Red Sox /John Henry) and 20% owned by Delaware North (Bruins). So it is off by itself in the discussions with YTTV. Even if they cut a deal with Fox, NESN would still be off the air unless they can cut a deal with Fenway/Delaware. I have written four emails today...one each to YTTV, NESN, Fenway Sports, and Delaware North. I suspect all will end up in the trash, but at least it felt good to try. Does not make sense to me that the owners would not want to put some sort of a deal together, as they would make up lost revenue from YTTV plus they would get more advertising revenue from all their ads with an increase in subscribers....a double win with no increase in costs. And there are a lot of mad people out there, which does not help in the pandemic. Even spring training and the Red Sox isn't that far off that a deal should be avoided. Need someone to be the adult in the room!!!
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote