View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 08:27 AM   #40
ApS

Lightbulb One Family Member Locks the Front Door when Bears are Around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
There was no one home. No car parked in the driveway? No lights on during daylight? No boat at the dock? Grass needs mowing? No sound of a TV? None of the above apply here. An assumption that they "knew" no one was home is dangerous for the assumer. And I am going to assume they were not neighbors "on the island"...So where's their boat? Someone else's dock?
By COLESFAMILY...
"I am not rude or a criminal, nor are these people"...
I disagree...

You ARE very rude and if there is a "No trespassing" sign around, you are also a criminal!
We've had this discussion before. "Trespassing" means to cause damage, and I think New Hampshire is a "Free Range" state. (Except for chickens, where it IS criminal!)

If you want to make your house attractive to a criminal, put up signs with "Private Property", "No Trespassing", or "Posted", and leave outside lights on at night.

OTOH, having interior lights on "variable" timers—in different rooms—will make the cottage look lived-in. This would especially discourage those with an opioid addiction, who are looking for a quick buck from stolen property.