Thread: The Dive?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 03:40 PM   #597
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
………... it will take 3 hrs to get to any other sandbar and it was not suppose to be kept at WAM. Not sure where else it would be kept.

There has also been a lot of banter on IBOLW regarding the marine patrol ticketing many patrons because of there being more boats at Smalls so boats are anchored too close to shore in a NRZ, too many boats tied together etc.
The one thought we came up with is that the owners work a deal with both WAM & Watermark in Paugus Bay. If they could secure dockage rights at Watermark then on a Monday (during the day & typically the slowest of days during the week) they could transit to Paugus and be operational at the Margate the next day. Then reverse the scenario the following week. Just a thought !

To your other comment about MP -- the Day we went, just as the Dive got firmly settled and in place, to my laughter, a MP patrol boat showed up --- I will give them KUDO's for all he did was (verbally) push people out of the shoreline 150' spacing and was gone for the rest of the day ……………….. my personal opinion is that a few people make a real loud noise about MP "picking" on them & ticketing -- most times we have observed this season is always simply a verbal. After all - the law is the Law and it is pretty well marked with buoys. if no room -- come earlier!

Again -- I like the Dive -- wish them well and hope to take many a visiting guest there for a kick for an hour (on their dime hopefully) !