Thread: Drone Question
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 07:57 AM   #18
goutes23

I bought my DJI Mavic Pro in September and I can’t tell you how much fun it has been to fly. It’s so easy as well. If you go with a toy brand you will crash it. My friend bought a $125 toy drone for her 11yo son and he immediately,”Lost it”. I figured he crashed it and couldn’t bear to tell his Mom. If you’re gonna buy one, go with a higher quality one with a lot of safe features (gps, return to Home on low battery etc). Buying used is a great idea to save money. Also a lot of good advice about apps on where to fly, checking in with control towers, fly under 400’ etc and I totally agree with what has been said previously. Fly responsibly and you’ll be fine and have a lot of fun.

The following is a picture of teachers and kids at North School in Londonderry making a “50” in honor of the school’s 50 year anniversary. The principal called me up and asked me if I would do it so of course I did. I also saw on my app I was just outside of the 5 mile limit of Manchester Airport but I called the tower anyway and informed them I’d be flying under 200’ for 15 min and they were very appreciative and approved it. Have fun!Name:  DJI_0044.JPG
Views: 2239
Size:  25.1 KB
goutes23 is offline   Reply With Quote