View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 01:29 PM   #42
ishoot308

Thanked 4,942 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy View Post
That’s why in the United Kingdom there are 0.23 gun related deaths per 100,000 population per year and in the Untied States there are 12.21 per 100,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
So if someone breaks in your home and stabs you or hits you over the head with a baseball bat that is not considered "violent crime" as your first post stated? Only crimes with a gun are violent now??

The FACT is there are way more home invasions per capita in England than there are here. Why?

Also you should clarify your statistics...gun related deaths are not always violent crime or murder related as you try to allude to... Accidental discharges, hunting accidents, suicide, etc, etc, are all part of this figure you quoted.

Since firearms and their legal and constitutional use for either hunting, competition or simply plinking at a local firing range is way more prevalent here in the states than in England, I would certainly expect more deaths from their use. This simply falls under the law of averages. Your analogy is like comparing snowmobile deaths in Florida as compared to Alaska!

So I ask again...Why are there more home invasions in England than the US??......

People do not need guns to be violent....

Dan