View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #145
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Will there be some folks that vote with their feet this year? Perhaps. But I am looking at the other sign of the coin. I currently have a 20 footer and boat with several friends over at Ossipee in the same length range. None of us have ventured over to Winni for several years as we are only up on weekends and have not wanted to deal with the foolishness.

But guess what. We decided this off season that we are all going to make a number of day trips over to Winni, hoping that some of you are right. Less high speed or huge wake producing traffic will make a much more pleasant experience for us. And yes, maybe one family on a 20 footer won't drop as much cash as a boatload in a GF boat, but if several families and smaller craft take the footprint of one departing "big spender" I think the net amount spent quickly balances out.

Just my thoughts.
My father used to let us kids take the boat on weekends, since he couldn't stand the crowds out on the lake. I'm being totally honest here, as the owner of a 22 footer, that I'd take fifty go fasts if I could get rid of the monster wakes. Regulate the mad tubers driving in people's paths, the wild and crazy PWC riders, those that speed through NWZ's, Winni would be better than ever.

Videos would say more than I possibly could.