Thread: Fleet has grown
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 08:09 AM   #12
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootkie2 View Post
Are you close with your next door neighbor? Looks like they are sporting a four winns 18-19 bowrider and a cruiser too .

Sometimes you don't have to look too far to see where an artist draws his inspiration I guess.
The neighbors are actually relatives. But are not the source of my inspiration. When my parents bought our place 25 years ago, we had just a sport boat, and we discussed a pontoon boat. I was going to by a new sport boat, and my father was going to by a larger pontoon boat. Unfortunately my father's death and many other life circumstance got in the way of that dream. The neighbors, actually bought a sport boat, after having only had a sail boat for several years, after getting out on the water with us and realizing there was a lot of lake to explore.

I was able to replace our sport boat, 16 years ago now which was more important to us, but getting a pontoon boat, eluded me, for a while but when my eldest son decided not to go to college, I decided the timing was right, so I struck out.

Waterskiing, tubing etc. are in my blood, so I can't imagine not having a sport boat. I always thought I would simply forget about the pontoon boat, and just get a bigger sport boat.... But as time has gone, the price of boats has sky rocketed, and to get a sport boat, capable of skiing etc. and taking the family out for a 2 to 3 hour Saturday cruise comfortable is just to much money in my opinion.... So when I found a nice big pontoon boat, at a reasonable price, having two boats, suddenly came back into view.

The neighbors you have pointed out, my relatives, never intended to have two boats, however when at 88 years of age they realized they needed something easier to get in and out of, decided to look into a pontoon. I think they would have traded in the sport boat, but kids and grand kid whined and complained, so for the last two or 3 years, that sport boat has sat at the dock covered with minimal use, because honestly those kids and grandkid don't spend much time at the lake......

As for my two boats, the sport boat and Pontoon boat, go out every weekend that everyone is at the lake.... with our boys having Girl friends and guests now in our picture of life, that sport boat, just isn't the family cruiser it once was......... 8 people on the pontoon, last weekend was an awesome experience, no one left on shore, and plenty of room.....

You may draw a conclusion that an artist is drawing his inspiration from a source.... but you may also be wrong, this artist is drawing from old original dreams and the practical needs of life....