View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 10:02 PM   #37
ishoot308

Thanked 4,938 Times in 1,914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoskeys View Post
We are having our lakefront deck redone, and are planning on Azek. We have dozens of samples in hand. Looks to be three options/levels of Azek - Vintage(most expensive), Arbor, and Harvest(least expensive). Does anyone have experience with this type of decking when wet? Any specific opinions on the three options?. The most expensive seems to have the best “grain” and traction. We may also use the same to redo our docks decking. Obviouslly Azek comes well recommended by this forum, but is it much more slippery than pressure treated, and anyone have personal experience with the three levels and the look, feel.
You won’t go wrong with Azek decking. It’s been around for a long time and is a proven excellent product. I have Azek at my home in Gilford and do not find it any more slippery than wood.

I am not positive but believe their more expensive Vintage line of decking is also a fire rated product. Depending on your use and budget the fire rating may be well worth the difference in price.

Darker colors will absorb heat more than lighter colors and will also show more fade. Fading will stop after one season in the sun.

Edited to add: just found this on line. Impressive! https://azek.com/docs/default-docume...index_v8-final

Dan